Sunday 14 July 2024

IELTS topic: Growing up
Exercise 1

Use the following words and phrases to complete the sentences.
1. develop 2. conflict 3. in common 4. between 5. break down 6. bond

1. My sister and I have totally different tastes. In fact we don’t have much …………… at all.
2. There is a very close …………… between a mother and a newborn baby.
3. It is important to …………… a good working relationship with your work colleagues.
4. A relationship can easily …………… if you don’t work at it.
5. I really admire the relationship …………… my mother and my grandmother.
6. There can be a lot of …………… between teenagers and their parents.

The answer key
1. in common 2. bond 3. develop 4. break down 5. between 6. conflict

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fill in the blanks using the following expressions. 1. alleviate 2. gain 3. agony 4. attended to 5. ardently 1. The soldier died in _____. 2...